At Moto Electric Vehicles, we have a broad selection of electric shuttles for sale that can transport up to 28 passengers. In low-speed environments, our electric shuttles are great for moving multiple passengers such as church groups. Both clients and guests prefer riding in our electric buses and parking shuttles which produce less noise and eliminate the noxious smell produced by the exhaust of gasoline or diesel-powered vehicles. Our electric shuttles work well in a number of different environments to effectively and safely move people and even haul job site materials.
NHTA Laws for Electric Shuttles
After decades of use in golf course and private communities nationwide, the National Highway Traffic Administration recognized the need for a new category of low-speed, street-legal electric shuttles. The result was the implementation of Federal Safety Standard No. 500 which established the following requirements:
- Electric Shuttles must be a 4-wheel vehicle
- They must not be capable of speeds above 25 MPH
- They operate on roads with a speed limit of 35 MPH
- Electric Shuttles cannot exceed 3,000 lbs. gross weight
- They must have functional lights and turn signals
- They must be equipped with seat belts
- They must have rearview mirrors
In certain areas of the country, municipal and state governments have enacted regulations for the use low-speed neighborhood electric vehicles. So, check with an authorized electric vehicle dealer like Moto Electric Vehicles to learn more about federal, state and local laws.